Visit Windsor Castle for Free – Saving £18.50 with LONDON PASS!
London Pass Benefits:
Free entry to Windsor Castle with The London Pass
Normal Ticket Price: Adult: £18.50 Child: £11.00
Show your Pass at this attraction to get Fast Track Entry!
Factor in a short trip outside London to visit the impressive and historic Windsor Castle. Famous for its architecture and longstanding Royal place of residence, the Castle was built in the 11th century after the Norman invasion. As well as having been used as a military headquarters during the Civil War and as a refuge for the royal family during WWII, Windsor Castle is now Queen Elizabeth II’s favourite weekend home.
• Oldest and largest occupied castle in the world
• Preferred weekend residence of the Queen
• Built over 900 years ago and is steeped in royal history and antique furnishings
• Traditional State Apartments and Queen Mary’s Doll House
Did you know:
• Windsor Castle grounds cover nearly 5 hectares
• During the Blitz in World War 2, the windows of Windsor Castle were blacked out and the royal bedrooms were strengthened in case the castle was bombed
• St George’s Chapel is deemed one of the most beautiful and impressive buildings in England and is the burial place of 10 monarchs
• The Long Walk, a paved avenue of trees, runs south of the castle for 3 long miles in a straight line
• The exclusive and renowned school Eton College (where Prince William and Harry were educated) is situated about half a mile from the castle
• As of 2006, around 500 people were living and working in the castle
There are no reviews yet.